Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the gun is to be used.
The Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for Concealed Handgun Permits. Due to the nature of the detailed due diligence, appointment times and processing times can take multiple weeks. During the application process, you will be asked to schedule an appointment (for New and Renewal Concealed Handgun Permits). Please note that you will be asked to pay now to reserve your appointment.
Concealed Handgun Permits must be obtained from the county sheriff of your county of residence.
If you are RENEWING a Concealed Handgun Permit, you MUST apply no more than 90 days PRIOR to the expiration date.
- A New Concealed Handgun Permit costs $90.00, which includes the $10.00 fingerprinting fee.
- A Renewal Concealed Handgun Permit costs $75.00
- A Duplicate Concealed Weapon Permit Costs $15.00
- For a CHANGE OF ADDRESS you MUST have a valid Cabarrus County Concealed Carry Permit. NOTE: If your permit is from another county, you MUST contact that county's Sheriff's Office that issued the permit first.
- Please read the requirements below before completing your application.
- Click the links to the left to start the application.
Concealed Handgun Permit Information